If your computer is freezing or your laptop is running slow, it could be due to malware. Malware is a type of software that is downloaded to your computer usually through an email attachment or by clicking on a link that you don’t trust. Symptoms of computers infected with malware include:
• Running slow or freezing
• Blue Screen of Death (“BSOD”)
• Screen flickering, distortion, or graphics you don’t recognize
Types of malware include viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, and adware. Viruses spread to other software on your computer to slow it down or make it freeze. Spyware tracks the activities you do on your computer and sends this data to malicious servers on the Internet. Some spyware presents a security risk to your business because it can help hackers steal your business’s most sensitive information. Worms make copies of themselves and delete valuable data on your computer, which can cost businesses in lost revenues and time to re-create important data. Trojans appear to be a trusted program and once run, steal your vital data. Adware slows your computer down by showing ads in hopes you will support the products being advertised.
The Virus Removal Service provided by our Teqs will resolve business-impacting issues caused by viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, or adware by performing the following functions:
• Perform a scan of your PC or Mac for malware using an anti-malware program provided by you or a free tool
• Remove any malware found during the scan
• Ensure your computer has an automatic protection mechanism for malware enabled using the software provided or a free tool if available
• Check to see if your operating system has any critical updates
Enter your address and a date below, and we’ll show you a list of computer techs near you that can resolve issues caused by malware to get your IT environment and your business back to normal.
Copyright © HelpTeq, 2020